Moon Race Money
Below are images of “bogus” money from the era of the space race (1955-1969). From what you know about the history of that time, explain in a page long paragraph why the various pictures are included on the front and back of the eleven dollar bill. The questions below will assist you in your narrative explanation.
1. Why is the denomination of the bill “eleven” dollars?
2. Who are the individuals on each side of the bill, and what was their contribution to the space race?
3. What nations were competing in the space race?
4. Who was the first man to orbit Earth? What was his citizenship?
5. Who was the first American to orbit Earth?
6. Who was the first country to put humans on the Moon?
7. What did the flags of the competing nations look like?